Community Day Supports Program is a community based day service where individuals who have significant physical disabilities and higher support needs receive individualized support to participate in variety of activities, including:
- Adaptive communication instruction
- Physical therapies
- Independent living skills instruction
- Art and music therapy classes
- Movement/dance class
- Fitness activities
- Community events such as outdoor concerts, movies, fairs/festivals, and sporting events
- Accessing the Oakland and Berkeley Public Library and museums throughout the Bay Area
- Participating in volunteer opportunities
We provide one to one support. The design of each individuals program is based of the preferences of the person receiving services, and if they wish, their family. CDS program hours are Monday through Friday from 9:00AM to 3:30PM.
The philosophy of the CDS program, as with all of the programs EBI implements, is based on a belief in each person’s hopes and aspirations to live an integrated life in the community. The purpose of CDS is to provide persons with training to access resources in the community and gain a range of self-help, socialization, and adaptive skills outside of their home.
The overarching goal of the program is the meaningful integration of persons with developmental disabilities in the community to enhance the quality of their experiences, support the development of skills, and expand their opportunities to participate in everyday activities alongside their non-disabled counterparts. CDS expects to successfully accomplish this with the individualized staffing available through this program.
Individuals seeking participation in the CDS program:
- Must be 22 years of age or graduated with a high school diploma
- Must live in Alameda County
- Must be a client of Regional Center of the East Bay
For more information about EBI’s Community Day Support, contact Rosa DeWaard: email@example.com
You must be a client of the Regional Center to be eligible for Community Day Supports.