EMPLOY INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES
What is HireAble?
HireAble is collaboration between three non-profit human service agencies, Contra Costa ARC, Futures Explored and East Bay Innovations. These groups provide job training and support for employees and employers, in an effort to break the cycle of unemployment for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities (IDD).
What kind of businesses does HireAble work with?
HireAble works with all kinds of organizations and businesses, such as restaurants, hotels, film industry, and renewable energy companies. The only requirement is that the workplace is located in Alameda and/or Contra Costa counties.
What kind of services does HireAble provide?
HireAble’s nonprofit human services agencies provide programs that offer employment support to both employees and businesses. These services include:
- Training for employees with IDD to prepare them for the workforce;
- Long-term support services for employees with IDD to help ensure they maintain success throughout their career;
- Prescreened candidates for employers to select from, making it easy and successful for both the employer and employee.
Who should I contact to get involved and/or ask questions?
Depends on your location!
- If you are in West and East Contra Costa County, contact Michelle Palmer of Contra Costa ARC at (510) 233-7303; email@example.com.
- If you are in Alameda County, contact Lori Kotsonas of EBI at (510) 618-1580, ext. 15; firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you are in Central Contra Costa County and the Tri-Valley, contact Jenny McKeon of Futures Explored at (925) 284-3240, ext. 222; email@example.com.
"Bay Area businesses can set an example of inclusive, diverse and productive workplaces. It starts with programs like HireAble and it thrives with companies who are forward thinking and want the best not only for society, but for their company."
Read the full article here.